čtvrtek 17. června 2010

Whistle While You Work

I've always thought that the best way to motivate children was through song.  Instead of telling each child over and over, "Time to wash your hands!" I simply sing a little song and the children know what they are expected to do.  They spread the message to each other by singing along with me.  If someone continues to play, the other children will often tell that person, "wash your hands!"  For me, this has just been the most peaceful and convenient way to motivate the kids.  Today, I found out that our little songs are actually really important to the children as well.  As I was tidying up some toys, one child said to me, "You sing now!" They associate the tasks with the songs so strongly, that they want to hear a song whenever they clean now.  I encourage parents to use this technique at home whenever possible.  Find your own songs for tidying up, getting dressed, or any other things your child might not usually be so keen on doing!  You'll find that with a little song, the work goes much faster for both of you.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat